In this episode (#11 of Season 1) Rio and Jenni talk to Jon Aguilar, Master Stonesmith and Artist (also Jenni's husband). The core of the conversation is about how men handle the various aspects of brain injury - whether it's their own or a friend/child/spouse.
We take on critical issues around dismissiveness, the invisibility of brain injury, how men handle being vulnerable (hint, they don't like it) and how terrifying it is to face your own mortality.
Jon references these things you may want to explore:
- Dr. Gordon's 'Stealth Syndrome' http://www.tbimedlegal.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderfiles/TBI_The_Stealth_Syndrome.pdf
- Shilajit (we call it, 'This Shit's Legit': https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shilajit
- Dr. Walker on the Joe Rogan podcast https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwaWilO_Pig
- The SPEAR (self-defense) system and Tony Blauer - https://blauerspear.com/
- PDTR Therapy - http://pdtr-global.com/
You can find Jon and his amazing work at: https://www.facebook.com/heritageearthandstone/?ref=br_rs OR https://www.instagram.com/jontaguilar/ OR www.heritageearthandstone.com